Thursday 24 June 2010

Realism Rant

Sat on trains going up and down the country I've managed to see a lot of the country and the people that live in it. But not just on trains, on TV, in papers, in pubs. Britain is full of dreamers. Not the Amercian dream kind of people though. People in this country think things are always better than they really are. This isnt always a bad thing but when you've got the wool fully pulled over your eyes you do begin to wonder. English football yesturday was a perfect example. 1-0 to Slovenia, a team the papers led people to believe Ingerland would trounce. But no people all over went wild when they won marginally by one goal and come second in a group they should have walked. WTF. Now these people need a slap and to see reality. England football team are shit. If they go on to win ill eat my pen but i caqnt see myself having to do that in all honesty. But it jsut typifies our society and its ways. Things are believed and publicised, then fall through massively but people keep on believing. Its like the government. They promised prosperity and a better economy. What we got instead was 20% VAT, a salary freeze and no jobs. Brilliant. Let the brain drain begin.

Life has many leeches and this society has more than its fair share. Not jsut on the economy but all over you get people who sap others for what they're worth. They give nothing, only take.
Usain Bolt got it right when he said the British don't work hard enough because they dont need it (chatting about athletes but it applies). Its true though, very few people in this country or society strive for greatness, and if they do they often stumble at the first hurdle, being held back by pen pushers and time wasters. Mark Twight said that "When the green flag drops, the bullshit stops" if only this were as true in main stream life as it is on the hill. The bullshit needs to stop coming out of peoples mouths.

Now I know I can jsut ignore all this shit and get on with my life but when it gets in my way and imposes itself on me I put up my guards. Have a rant, fight it out. It gets to me how people will bend over backwards to impress other people-not help, impress. They'll change to fit in. This is goignt o sound really antisocial, but I feel like Ive grown up recently. I dont give a damn what people think, Im tired of them looking down on me for the way I live. So I cut them out, sit them down off their pedastals. Think about it, why would I, social niceties? To save peoples feelings? Fuck that. Do what makes you happy. If someone or something is stopping that happening get rid of it. Easier said than done, but once the ball gets rolling you'll be glad of it,

This sounds like a massive rant, and to be honest it is. I needed to get it out of my system and to lay it down for myself (as blogs are inherently peoples opinions) when I falter and be nice to dicks, and for other people to see if does happen and you dont have to be a dick to do it. Because everyone wishes they told their boss / teacher / [insert] where to go. So do it. Stand up for yourself. Become realstic. See the world for what it really is. And if you dont like what you see. Change it. Dont just put the rose tinted glasses back on.

1 comment:

  1. This little rant is quite dark. Im not going to apologise as i can say what i want but i was in a pretty foul mood when i wrote it. All i can say is try not to catch me on bad days.

    ReplyDelete